WELCOME TO HIGH SCHOOL!
Incoming freshmen will begin their transition process to Legacy High School during the winter of their 8th grade year.
- Jan/Feb of students' 8th grade year:LHS counselors will assist students in registering for their upcoming high-school courses
- May of students' 8th grade year: students are invited into LHS for a welcome celebration and tour of the school.
- August, all freshmen and parents/guardians are invited to Orientation Day, involving checking out student activities and clubs, as well as sessions on day to day procedures of student life at LHS. Students will also receive their class schedules and have the opportunity to tour the school.
At LHS, freshmen students meet as a small group with approximately 20 of their freshmen classmates once a week for 40 minutes. Topics are led by the freshmen advisory teacher and include:
- Time Management
- Study Skills
- Grade Management
- Stress Management
- Positive Decision Making
- Among others as Needs Arise
ASPIRE Test - Taken during the months of October, January and April(summative)
- Includes academic tests in English, Math, Reading, Science and Writing
- Identifies academic strengths and weaknesses
- Gives students an early indication of their readiness for college-level work
- As a "pre-ACT" test, the ASPIRE is a good predictor of students' performance on the ACT
MAP Test - Taken September and April
- Includes academic tests in Reading and Math
- Identifies academic growth as well as areas of strengths and weaknesses