BPS school registrations are to be completed online.
Please call 701-323-4110 or visit 806 N. Washington Door #2 from 7:30am-4pm M-Th Fridays (Fridays the office closes at noon in the summer)
Thank you for choosing Bismarck Public Schools! We are excited to have your children join us.
IF YOU HAVE NOT LEFT THE DISTRICT TO ATTEND ANOTHER SCHOOL, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RE-REGISTER EVERY YEAR.
If you are returning to a BPS school from Bismarck homeschool, please register online using the link.
If your school will change with an address change, please fill out an address change form to update your address or visit your powerschool account to request an update online as soon as possible.
Please read through steps 1-3 before starting. The Online Registration process should take approximately 20-30 minutes per student. It is recommended to collect the following information prior to beginning the online registration process so you can easily upload it to the appropriate places. Parents also have the option of bringing documents in person to the central office at 806 N. Washington door #2, fax to 701-323-4111 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to complete the registration all at one time, you can save your progress and return to finish.
Per BPS policy, proof of residency is required to attend a Bismarck school. Please submit your registration even if you don't have all your documents at the time of registration. The registration office will contact you.
NOTE: Parents are strongly encouraged to register their K-5th grade students as soon as possible to help ensure placement in their neighborhood school. The sooner a student is registered, the higher the probability of them attending their boundary school. Due to capacity limitations at the elementary level, students may be placed in a different school for the current school year. Students will return to their boundary school the following year.
Age requirement for Kindergarten entrance is age 5 by July 31st.
Documents requested, residential documentation is required to enroll:
- Parent identification
- Proof of birth of student(s) click here for acceptable documents
- Recent Immunization records of student(s)
- Primary proof of residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
- Secondary proof of residence - click here for acceptable & non-acceptable documents
- Notarized Residency Affidavits will be needed if you are living with a Bismarck resident and it is not due to financial hardship in addition to the proof of residency in the lessee/owner's name.
*Students in transition or temporary housing are not required to submit documentation in order to enroll in school as defined in the McKinney-Vento act.
Please remember that only the parent that initiates the online registration process can make changes. You will need an email address to access online registration. If you don't have an email click here to create one.
1. find your school:
2. Click the applicable link below to start the online registration process:
(If possible, have your documents ready to upload before you submit your completed registration.)
To register for the school year click here for the current year.
*any registration submitted for the improper year will not be used
(Don't worry if you can't finish it all at once, you can pick up where you left off. You must hit the "Save & Sign out" button located on the top right of the screen in the circular button with your initials on it. This is very important if you plan on using a public computer)
3. Lastly, once you have submitted your online registration and have uploaded all of the necessary documents, your submission will be verified and you WILL NOT need to create an appointment. If you can't upload your documents or have questions, you can email (Please add your student(s) on the subject line) fax 701-323-4111 or call 701-323-4110.
*If you are registering your student after the start of the school year, please be aware that after registration completion, there may be 2 full school days before an Elementary age student (K-5) will attend classes.
*For middle and high school students, it can take up to a week after you register your child for classes, as we need to request records from the sending school as well as build a class schedule for your child.
4. Here are some useful tools to print out or request a copy at your school.
Kindergarten specific information:
Kindergarten school open house list *your child's school will contact you with details.
School supply lists *updated every summer
MyPaymentsPlus (for school meal accounts, activity fees, etc.)
Johnson O'Malley Eligibility Certification (for Native American students that don't have a tribal ID to upload)
Before and/or After School Programs:
- BLAST (Centennial, Grimsrud, Liberty, Murphy, Northridge, Prairie Rose, Solheim, and Sunrise)
- CREA (MREC) (Lincoln, Miller, Moses, Myhre, Pioneer, and Will-Moore)
- YMCA (available to all schools in Bismarck but only provides transportation to and from the schools listed on their website.)
- After School Program (Roosevelt & Highland Acres)
For more parent information and resources, go to the Parents tab.